Exercises for The Hyena Woman Part 1
A. How much did you understand?
In this part of the story, a hyena woman comes to live with the boy and the girl.
Put these sentences in the right order.
- If the hyena wanted a spoon, she called out, "Spoon, come to me!"
- "Who is leaving this food for us to eat?"
- "This hyena is not good at all," she thought. "She's a witch.”
- The boy looked at the hyena. Her smile was full of magic.
- One day a hyena came to their house.
- "Please listen to me, dear brother. We must run away!"
B. Who, what, where?
Answer these questions
- When the girl took the cattle to the river, where did her brother hide?
- When the hyena was cooking, she called for five things. What were they?
- What did the hyena promise to bring the boy if he married her?
- Where did the hyena hide while the boy talked to his sister?
- When the boy and the girl decided to run away, where did they go?