Exercises for The Hyena Woman Part 2
A. How much did you understand?
In the second part of the story, the hyena marries the boy, but then she kills him.
Put these sentences in the right order.
- The boy jumped up, and killed the chicken.
- The hyena woman married the boy, and she began to live with him and his sister.
- She used her magic and changed herself. She wasn't a hyena now.
- A rat came up out of his hole. He saw the iron in the fire.
- Then the hyena woman picked up the boy's body, and hid it in the inset field.
- So the sister slept in her friend's house that night.
B. Who, what, where?
Answer these questions.
- Who was living in the forest with the boy and the girl?
- The hyena woman asked the boys in the forest to break something. What was it?
- When the boy was asleep, what did the hyena woman put in the fire?
- Who came up into the house out of his hole?
- Where was the chicken when she saw the hot iron?
- Where did the hyena woman hide the boy's body?