Exercises for The Hyena Woman Part 3
A. How much did you understand?
In the last part of the story, the girl finds her brother's body and brings him back to life.
Put these sentences in the right order.
- "I will help you," said the rat.
- The brother and sister went home, and lived happily in their house.
- God heard the girl's prayer.
- "Where is my brother?" the girl asked her.
- The girl was running through the forest. She met a monkey.
- There was a gorge at the end of the path. The hyena fell into it.
B. Who, what, where
Answer these questions
- Where was the hyena when the girl came home from her friend's house?
- What did the hyena use to make a key for the door?
- The rat told the girl to take something to the inset field. What was it?
- The hyena woman locked the door. Who opened it for the girl?
- Where did God tell the girl to hide?
- Who touched the boy's blood with his hand?
C. Other stories
Did you like this story? Do you like stories about magical characters, like the hyena woman, or ogres, or witches? Think of any other stories like this that you know, and tell them to your friends.
D. Make a play
This story can make a very good play. Choose different people to play the boy, the girl, the hyena woman, the rat, the chicken and God himself.
E. More stories to enjoy
If you liked reading this story, you might like The Lion's Bride, a story from Somalia.
Click on the link to read it.